Stamping is another sheet metal fabrication process that finds use in all kinds of industries. Stamping is a rapid process that generates parts with complex geometries at relatively lower costs. Almost everything that industries want from a process.
Prolean’s stamping services produce cost-effective complex parts for medical, robotics, automobile, aviation, and other industries with high accuracy.
What is Metal Stamping?
Stamping or pressing is an umbrella term for multiple sheet metal fabrication processes which use presses and dies. Some of the stamping processes are:
• Coining: Pressing sheet metal to form patterns on the surface. Coin mints use the process and is also the reason behind its name.
• Drawing: Pressing sheet metal to stretch it into a new shape. Cup and can manufacturing uses metal sheets drawing.
• Curling: Press turns sheet metal into tube-shaped products.
• Ironing: Process of reducing thickness of sheet metal with a press.
• Hemming: Folding of edges of sheet metal. Cans and automobile panels have hemmed edges.
How Does Stamping Work?
Stamping employs a press with a die to form the sheet metal into required shape. There are multiple types of dies and stamping processes but the process remains essentially the same in all cases. Sheet metal is placed on the press table and positioned over the die. Next, the press with a tool applies pressure on sheet metal over the die and forms the material into the required shape.
Progressive dies can perform multiple operations on a sheet by using stages for different operations to form a part on single press.
Advantages of Metal Stamping
Prolean has the advanced presses and capabilities for all types of stamping processes. We offer latest dies for complex stamping of precision parts with low material wastage. It is also why Prolean stamping offers competitive prices for best quality stamped parts.
From coining and embossing to long drawing and curling, Prolean’s expert engineers can produce parts with tight tolerance requirements in different quantities.
What Materials Are Available For Stamping?
Prolean offers a wide variety of materials for Stamping. Please see the list for a sample of the materials we work with.
If you require a material not in this list, please do get in touch as it is likely we can source it for you.